Conceptually Index Agro Group (IAG) was envisioned to provide quality products and services to enrich the agriculture sector of Bangladesh. In order to materialize this vision, IAG has adopted progressive agricultural practices, a dynamic and proactive management team, improved marketing techniques and modern processing in production facilities to enable the industry to improve its quality and expand production levels significantly.
Index Agro Group :
Poultry Breeding & Hatchery
1.1 Index Agro Industries Ltd (Poultry Breeding & Hatchery Division)
1.2 Index Poultry (PVT) Ltd
1.3 X Breeders Ltd
Animal Feed Mill :
2.1 Index Agro Industries Ltd (Feed Mill Division)
2.2 Index Feeds Ltd
2.3 Index Fisheries Ltd
Index, as a company possess business ethics, create moral values, obtain customer satisfaction to its highest limit, follow strategic organizational behavior, control international standard corporate culture, supplies poultry, cattle and fish feed at highest grade, day old chicks and breeder and hatchery solutions and consultancy. We are committed towards total quality management and dedicate our total efforts and valuable time to ensure that our customers are treated with the best value for their money spent.
Our goal is to service from heart, give smarter solution towards quality life and business, allocate time towards the best productivity and satisfy the need of national and international customers in many years to come.
• Year of incorporation – 2000
• Commencement of commercial operations – 2004
• Converted to Public Limited Company - 2015
• The board, which consists of professionals with wide exposure to agriculture industry, provides policy level direction to steer the business in due course.
• IAIL family consists of 865 employees
Index Agro Industry limited consists of:
1- Poultry, Hatchery and Breeding Division
2- Animal Feed Mill Division
3- Fisheries Division
Poultry, Hatchery and Breeding Division
Operations began with a poultry hatching and breeder facility to cater to the growing demand of quality pullets for the promising local poultry industry. IAIL have strategically placed a number of Breeder Farms and Hatchery to cater to the growing demand of Day Old Chicks (DOC). All breeder farms are fully environment controlled, equipped with modern feeding and drinking systems to maintain a healthy and safe condition for the parent stocks The Company retains services from renowned professionals from overseas to ensure quality, consistency and disaster readiness to ward off different disease related threat that has often crippled Bangladesh livestock industry.
• Breeder Farm – Site A (Capacity – 30,000 Parent Stock approx)
• Breeder Farm – Site B (Capacity – 20,000 Parent Stock approx)
• Hatchery (Capacity - 200,000 Chicks/week approx)
• Breeder Farm (Capacity – 45,000 Parent Stock approx)
• Breeder Farm (Capacity - 65,000 Parent stock approx)
• Hatchery – Capacity - 250,000 Chicks/week approx)
Future Expansion of Breeder Farms/Hatchery - 4
Future Expansion - 20 million DOC approx
Animal Feed Mill Division.
• IAIL have successfully established an automated feed manufacturing facility for poultry feed in 2000.
• Such backward integration provided a strong thrust to its breeder and hatchery operation by ensuring the availability of quality feeds to maintain desired standards and by ensuring a steady supply into the thriving market of animal feed.
• IAIL has also ventured into manufacturing quality Fish Feed.
• Capacity – 150,000 MT/Year (Poultry and Fish)
• Future Expansion planned – 50,000 MT/Year approx
• Storage Capacity – 20,000 MT
• It has cemented its place as the largest feed manufacturing company from one single point
• The company markets and packages it feed products under the brand name X Feed and Gold Ring
• It is one of the leading Animal Feed Solution providers in Bangladesh. It was awarded ISO 9001:2008 certification for maintaining high standards and regulations in production procedures.
o Broiler Feed
o Layer Feed
o Floating Fish Feed
o Sinking Fish Feed
Quality is top priority and it is maintained through:
• The feed is formulated using a world renowned automated software
• Breeder quality raw materials are used to ensure the quality of the feed
• Organic and Halal additives are used to maintain the quality of the feed
• To ensure international standards, the quality check of additives are completed from Singapore